The Employment Pass (EP) is a type of work visa issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in Singapore. It allows foreign professionals, managers, executives, and specialists (PMETs) to work in Singapore for a specified period, typically up to two years initially, with the possibility of renewal.

Key features of the Employment Pass include:

Eligibility: To qualify for an Employment Pass, foreign applicants must meet certain criteria, including having a job offer from a Singapore-based employer, possessing relevant qualifications, skills, and experience, and meeting minimum salary requirements. The specific eligibility criteria may vary depending on factors such as the applicant’s qualifications, the nature of the job, and prevailing economic conditions.

Sponsorship: Employment Pass applications must be sponsored by a Singapore-registered company or employer. The employer is responsible for submitting the EP application on behalf of the foreign employee and providing supporting documents, such as a copy of the employment contract, the applicant’s educational certificates, and relevant work experience.

Salary Requirements: The minimum salary requirements for Employment Pass holders are periodically updated by the MOM and vary based on factors such as the applicant’s qualifications and the type of job. Employers are required to offer a salary that meets or exceeds the prevailing minimum salary thresholds to qualify for an EP.

Validity and Renewal: The Employment Pass is typically issued for an initial period of one to two years, depending on various factors such as the applicant’s qualifications and the employer’s track record. It can be renewed for up to three years upon expiration, subject to continued employment with the same employer and meeting renewal criteria.

Dependent Privileges: Employment Pass holders may be eligible to sponsor their immediate family members, including spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, for Dependent’s Passes, allowing them to live in Singapore and, in some cases, work or study.